The Charms of Balkans vol. I - Tour 2014
Serbia – Bosnia and Herzegovina - Montenegro
Time travel trip to the Western Balkans with an unusually large portion of the present.
Travelling through the heart of former Yugoslavia, this tour will give you an insight into the people, rich but turbulent history and culture of these countries that share much but with distinct local characteristics, making this tour a fascinating exploration of part of this region still seen by few outsiders. From Belgrade and the Orthodox monasteries of Serbia to the wineries of Herzegovina, from the stunning nature of Montenegro to the unique architecture and warm welcome of Bosnia, this is a tour not to be missed.
We explore several UNESCO World Heritage cities, fascinating old towns and enjoy the beautiful scenery of protected nature reserves.
Extensions to Dubrovnik and other regions of the Balkans possible. Upon Your Request.
Day 1 Flight to Belgrade – Royal complex Oplenac
Day 2 Belgrade experience
Day 3 Belgrade – Novi Sad – Sremski Karlovci
Day 4 Belgrade – Mokra gora – Šargan Eight
Day 5 Mokra gora – Višegrad - Sarajevo
Day 6 Sarajevo – Konjic – Mostar - Trebinje
Day 7 Trebinje – Herceg Novi – Kotor – Podgorica Apt
- 6 nights Standard Hotel 3* and 4*
- Driver(s), Explore Tour Leader, Local Guide(s)
- Generally 20 - 50
October 06 - October 13, 2014
October 13 - October 20, 2014
- Hotel accommodation based on BB (Belgrade, Sarajevo, Trebinje);
- Tour guide and resident guides (all languages available);
- All transfers as per itinerary;
- In double room at hotel;
- All meals as per itinerary;
- All excursions and entrance fees as per itinerary.
- Entrance fees to sights and museums described in the itinerary;
- Promotional materials – maps;
- Food and drink (except the above)
- Own activities
The Tour Price
from 599 EUR /pax
Selected Hotels Cat.
- 4* hotels - 700 EUR/pax
- 5* hotels - 834 EUR/pax
- Single supplement: from 100 EUR
DAY 1 Monday
Istanbul – Belgrade
Fly to BEG – Arrival 08:05
Arrival to Belgrade.
Topola/Oplenac – half day excursion
Visit to Royal Mausoleum of the Serbian and Yugoslav Royal House of Karadjordjević located on top of the Hill Oplenac in city Topola, Serbia. The Foundation in Oplenac is named after King Peter I of Yugoslavia;
Visit to the winery and Wine tasting including lunch;
Back to Belgrade;
Free afternoon time for shoping (optional – depends of the time of arrival to Belgrade);
Dine and wine Evening at Skadarlija (famous bohemian quarter)
Serbian cuisine and live music entertainment.
(Tri šešira – Three Hats restaurant or similar);
DAY 2 Tuesday
Tito’s Mausoleum (House of Flowers)
Visit House of Flowers and find out more about history of ex Yugoslavia and its famous president Tito.
Temple of St. Sava
Short walk through city centre – pedestrian zone
Lunch (famous Belgrade restaurants…)
Kalemegdan fortress sightseeing and Saborna church (cathedral) including coffee break at “?” restaurant;
Free late afternoon
Evening programme – Live music and party time*;
- Boat restaurants or other famous restaurants in Belgrade or Zemun (traditional Balkan specialties);
- Rakia tour around popular Belgrade cafés;
- Boat trip and dinner on board (live music);